Female urinal: What device will help me stay in bed throughout the night?
What device will help me stay in bed throughout the night?
Products mentioned in our answer below are provided to inform you about the types of technologies available and have not been evaluated by CanAssist. They may or may not be appropriate in your particular situation.
There are many urinal products on the market, so you can be sure that you are not alone in your wish to be able to safely urinate while remaining in or near your bed.
Below, we’ve provided direct links to a sampling of products designed for women that can be purchased online, with prices ranging from about $15 to $40 (Cdn):
- Gloveleya Female Plastic Urinal (at amazon.ca) can hold 800 milliliters and is made of durable plastic material. To see additional reviews of this product, visit amazon.com in the U.S. This product costs about $30 (Cdn), plus a shipping fee.
- Female Urinal by Drive Medical (at Macdonald’s Home Health Care) can hold 35 ounces and is lightweight, durable and easy to clean. This device costs about $13 (Cdn).
- Cellstar 2000ML Portable Urinal Female Urination Device (at amazon.ca) can hold 2,000 milliliters of urine and is easily washable. This device costs about $20 (Cdn), plus a shipping fee.
- Spil-Pruf Portable Urinals for Women (at RehabMart.com) are designed to prevent leaks and to provide portability. This device is available through a U.S. retailer and costs about $30 to $50 (U.S.).
- Lifestyle Incontinence Aid Female Urinal (at Walton Medical) is designed to allow the patient to use the unit in multiple positions. This device, which can also be bought at other online retailers, including LifeSupply, costs about $20 to $30 (Cdn), plus a shipping fee.
Some technologies and devices may require an in-person assessment. Speak with your health care provider for additional information and support.