Ability411 follows the W3C Web Content Accessibility principles and guidelines to make its website content accessible to people with a wide range of disabilities and to users in general.
The accessibility features of this website include:
- a simple layout, with minimal horizontal scrolling;
- navigation guidance through descriptions of links;
- input assistance through cues;
- use of colour and text to provide sufficient contrast for readability;
- text that is understandable, along with a glossary that defines terms used, unusual words and abbreviations;
- text alternatives for any non-text content;
- adaptable content that can be presented in different ways without losing information or structure;
- functionality that allows users to change text size;
- keyboard functionality for users who cannot use a mouse; and
- consideration for compatibility with devices that are used by those who require assistive technologies to operate a computer.
If you have comments or questions about the Ability411 website, please send an email to email@example.com.