Bed pads: Is there a pad I can put on my bed to protect it in case I can't make it to the bathroom at night?
Is there a pad I can put on my bed to protect it in case I can't make it to the bathroom at night?
Products mentioned in our answer below are provided to inform you about the types of technologies available and have not been evaluated by CanAssist. They may or may not be appropriate in your particular situation.
There are a number of incontinence products available on the market, which suggests that there are many people experiencing the same challenges as you. Below are direct links to some examples of products designed to absorb leakage and to protect bed linens:
- Extra Protection Underpads by Tena (at Tena Canada) are disposable pads designed to provide protection for your bed or chair from toileting accidents. This product offers a soft, interior lining that helps to absorb leakage, reduce odors and maintain dryness. Additionally, the moisture proof lining protects linens. The cost of this product is about $60 (Cdn), plus a shipping fee, for a pack of eight. You can also find Tena products in many Canadian pharmacy and department stores, including Pharmasave, London Drugs, Walmart and Shopper Drug Mart.
- Remedies Washable Bed Pads by ReMED (at amazon.ca) is a reusable and durable waterproof barrier that can absorb up to 8 cups of liquid and are reusable for 300+ washes. This product costs about $50 (Cdn), plus a shipping fee.
- MedPro Quilted Washable Waterproof Underpads by AMG Medical (at Healthwick) protect chairs, beds and other furniture. These pads, which comes in 3 sizes (small, medium and large) have an extra absorbent polyester and rayon filling and a waterproof backing to prevent leaks. The cost of this product ranges from about $25 to $45 (Cdn), plus a shipping fee.
You may also be interested in knowing about wearable incontinence products, such as those listed below:
- Attends underwear products (at Healthwick)
- Tena overnight underwear products (at Tena Canada)
- Depend maximum absorbency underwear (at Depend Canada)
Some technologies and device may require an in-person assessment. Speak with your health care provider for additional information and support.